Monday

Easy Peasy Pesto

1 chicken breast, butterflied and halved
pepper
three tomatoes
1 c. (roughly) basil leaves
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
2 T. garlic
EVOO
8 oz. pasta

Start pasta cooking in salted water. Season butterflied chicken with pepper only; there's plenty of salt flavor from the pasta and the pesto. Chicken can be pan-seared or grilled until cooked through. While pasta and chicken are cooking, chop tomatoes and basil. Set tomatoes aside and place chopped basil, garlic, and Parm into a food processor. Drizzle EVOO in as the food processor works its magic. Add just enough to for the basil, garlic, and cheese to incorporate into a sauce; I like it more chunky than oily, but go with your preference. Toss half of the pesto with cooked noodles and place on a plate. Top with half of the chicken breast, tomatoes, and more of the pesto. This recipe creates two generous helpings and is easily multiplied. By omitting chicken, you can still have a yummy veggie dish as well.

This recipe is mine! And it's one of my very favorites.
We love.love.love. food at our house and I love to cook. However, I loath having a cupboard full of recipe books when really, I only use a few of them. Hence the birth of my recipe archive! Rest assured I have tried ALL of these and make them constantly.

Looking for Something?

main dish (60) side dish (40) dessert (36) chicken (29) appetizer (25) veggie (23) bread (19) holiday (15) pasta (15) beef (14) crock pot (14) italian (12) pork (11) breakfast (10) candy (10) cookies (10) soup (10) mexican (9) salad (9) dip (6) fruit (6) rice (6) sauce (5) pizza (4) potatoes (4) seafood (4) stuffing (4) cake (3) cheesecake (3) muffin (3) pie (3) sandwich (3) brownies (2) instant pot (2) truffles (2) beverage (1) dutch oven (1)

Blog Archive