1/2 c. butter
2 celery stalks, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 can minced clams
1 can minced clams
1 cup cooked, deveined shrimp (small salad shrimp is great, but you can cut up larger ones as well)
1 cup lump crab meat, rough chop for smaller pieces
3 potatoes, cooked and diced
4-5 c. milk (to desired thickness)
3 potatoes, cooked and diced
4-5 c. milk (to desired thickness)
1-2 t. Old Bay seasoning (can be more or less to taste)
salt & pepper to taste
1 can corn (optional)
Melt butter. Sauté veggies in butter. Add flour and cook briefly. Add milk and stir until smooth. Add boiled and diced potatoes. Add seasonings a bit at a time so you can taste along the way. Add seafood and juice from can of clams. Simmer and eat! (I use a crock pot just so it stays warm as long as I want it to). It could also be done in an Instant Pot by cooking veggies in saute mode, and then the slow cooker option to warm the rest of the ingredients through.
salt & pepper to taste
1 can corn (optional)
Melt butter. Sauté veggies in butter. Add flour and cook briefly. Add milk and stir until smooth. Add boiled and diced potatoes. Add seasonings a bit at a time so you can taste along the way. Add seafood and juice from can of clams. Simmer and eat! (I use a crock pot just so it stays warm as long as I want it to). It could also be done in an Instant Pot by cooking veggies in saute mode, and then the slow cooker option to warm the rest of the ingredients through.
I adapted this recipe from my Mom's basic clam chowder.